I recently tried out using a new load testing tool called locust.io. Amazing tool. It allows you a great free will to customise your load test. Also it allows master-slave cluster setup that gives you the power to blast 100K DAU/HAU type of load if you want it.
A big thanks to Alvin Yeoh, a fellow colleague who helped me with the setup
Below are the steps on how to set up a master-slave locust.io
- Set up two instances, one master the other save.
- Install the following packages into both instances
- sudo yum install python27-devel.x86_64
- sudo yum install gcc
- sudo pip install locustio
- sudo yum install gcc-c++.noarch
- sudo yum install git
- sudo yum install mysql-devel
- sudo pip install MySQL-python
On your slave client run this command:
locust --slave --master-host=MASTER_IP --host=TARGET_URL
On the master client run this command: